Web Printing System
A cloud based printing solution
A leading consumer electronics product manufacturer
Usually the Printing from the web is always painful. While front-end technologies have mostly solved the problem for web sites, web applications still do not have a good way to print. Given below are a few concrete pointers to illustrate the real issues.
- The web application normally in a sandbox mode cannot really see the installed printers and their capabilities
- The browser print model does not allow a good way to show an accurate print preview and does not handle borderless-ness very well
- The Windows print dialogs are very difficult to configure properly, particularly for a non-plain non-letter size paper
- With the help of custom developed full-fledged plugin software, a web application can give a smooth print and provide a much better user experience than a desktop application
- It avoids the browser print sub-system and windows printer properties dialog
- It recognizes the specific local printer model and uploads the model info into the cloud
- It works on a PCL stream from the cloud and sends the PCL to the printer
- In short it allows the user to print effortlessly by avoiding the hectic printer preferences dialogs
- Ruby On Rails
Cloud Platform and Services
Cloud Platform: Amazon AWS
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon S3
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon RDS
Inspirisys Japan value adds
- Improved user experience and faster printing experience to the end users.
- Enabled mobility by exposing RESTful APIs.
- Greater level of operational agility for managing the app.
- Automatic scaling of compute instances.