Ethernet Demarcation Device
Accel was responsible for the development of protocols, command line interface (CLI), agent development and driver development in customer’s most successful product line.
A high technology and award-winning manufacturer of cost-effective access and backhaul solutions.
Salient Product Features
The Ethernet demarcation device delivers up to 1 Gigabit of user throughput. The device has the following key features:
- End to end service and transport demarcation
- SLA assurance, Ethernet OAM and performance monitoring
- Remote provisioning and traffic management
- Uplink redundancy
- Management and security
Salient Accel Product Features
Accel provided the client with various network layer 2, layer 3 and layer7 services. Some of the key services provided include:
- Protocols and Standards :
- 802.1x PNAC: The development included both 802.1x Supplicant and 802.1x Authenticator.
- LAG: Provided the customer with LAG enhancement services and synchronization of ports based on LACP.
- TACACS+: Development of generic software application. The project developed a generic TACACS+ protocol stack and the protocol stack was supported with CLI.
- Protocol developments in SNTP (Simple Network Time Protocol) and porting of ELMI protocol stack to the proprietary framework.
- CLI and Agent development :
- Enhance the CLI of the LAG implementation in the device.
- Development of ERP (Ethernet Ring protection) generic software application and development of terminal screens and CLI for the ERP module.
- Development of CLI for the SNTP module.
- Integration of ELMI stacks including Integration with proprietary framework, CLI development, debugging and testing tool development.
- Others :
- Developed EMS FM plug in for converting traps send by a device to events, which will be shown in the customer’s event browser.
- Synclock driver development for the product line.
Key Customer Value
- Helped to deliver top quality products on schedule and within budget.
- Developed generic solutions with scope of interoperability.
- Leveraged our expertise in pSOS, VxWorks, Linux and Ethreal to provide efficient and optimal solutions.