Case Study – Patient Monitoring Hub
Patient Monitoring Hub
A portable device that captures and transmits secure medical data between the patient, doctor and hospital.
Customer requires software / firmware development and testing support including the support for agency certifications and factory test automation.
US based healthcare device Company
- The simulator provides two key DICOM services namely, modality work list management service and storage service.
- Interface testing and automation in prototype level
- Wi-Fi, BT and NFC, 3G modules driver integration and testing
- Testing app development and safety testing, FCC and CE submission support
- Unit testing, integration and system level testing
- Factory automation setup development
PMH Wi-Fi Integration and Testing
- Client Mode and Access Point Mode
- Different wireless bands 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Performance Testing: Rate vs. Range Testing, Sensitivity, Maximum input level
- Security Testing: WPA, WPA2, WEP64 , WEP128
- Encryption Testing: Open, Wired equivalent privacy (WEP ), Advanced Encryption Standard (AES ), Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP), Mixed Mode
- Authentication Methods: Open, Wired equivalent Privacy (WEP), Pre-shared key (PSK), 802.1X/EAP
- WPS Method of connection
PMH NFC Integration and Testing
- The tags tested include:
- ISO/IEC 14443-3 Type A and B tags
- ISO/IEC 15693 and ISO/IEC 18000-3M1 tags
- NFC Forum tags: Types 1, 2, 3 and 4
- The tests done include:
- Interface testing at the factory .
- Detection test to verify that the Unit can detect the NFC tags.
- Verify that the unit can read the NFC tag ID.
- Transmit data test to verify that the unit can write data to memory of the NFC tags.
- Receive data test to verify that the unit can read the data on memory of the NFC tags.
PMH BT Integration and Testing
- Using the BT stack Bluez:
Tested and verified the working of PMH against Serial Port Profile (SPP). SPP was tested against Mobile and PC.
- Adding the FCC test functionalities
- BT-ON /OFF
- BT- RX
- Using the third party BT stack:
- Verify the Classic and Low Energy BT profiles and making the necessary FCC testing functionalities.
- Classic Profiles:- Serial Port Profile ( SPP ) , Health Device Profile ( HDP) , Human Interface Profile ( HID )
- Low Energy Profiles :- Generic Attribute Profile ( GATT) , Serial Port Profile for Low Energy ( SPPLE) , Blood Pressure Profile ( BLP) , Glucose Profile ( GLP) , Health Thermometer Profile ( HTP) , Heart Rate Profile ( HRP)
- The Profiles were tested using the Bluetooth Profile Tuning Suite ( PTS) from Bluetooth SIG .
PMH FCC Testing
Radiated Emission Testing
- Thermal chamber
- Ferrite Chamber
Transmit at maximum power on different bands through each channels .Look at spectrum analyzer for RF wave characteristics
- Power , Band , Frequency with respect to channel
- No spurs outside the band
- Embedded Linux, Ubuntu in Freescale iM6q based solution
- Smart RF